Before you lace up this fall, try these warm-up techniques from fitness goddess Meagan Kong. Your stride will thank you.
1) Walking knee hugs: Kick one knee up, bringing it as high as comfortable. Grasp it with both hands and gently pull it up slightly higher, hugging it to the body. Slowly lower to repeat with the opposite side. Each step should move you forward slightly.
2) Dynamic quadricep stretch: Bring your right heel toward your butt. Grab hold of your foot and smoothly bring it closer to you butt. Release your foot and repeat on the left side. Use fluid motions, not pausing at the peak of the stretch. Repeat several times on both legs.
3) Dynamic hamstring stretch: Bring your right heel forward like you are taking a step and lift your toe until you feel a stretch in the back of your leg. Sweep your arms down, forward and then up as you lean into the right leg. Repeat on the left side
4) Heel kicks: Standing, kick your right heel towards your butt and then repeat on the left side.
5) A-skips: Skip forward with a nice rhythm while driving your right knee up to be even of higher then your hip while pushing all the way through your toes. As you alternate legs strike the ground with the balls of your feet.
6) Tin soldiers: Walk forward keeping your back, legs and arms straight. Flex your toes as you lift your leg straight out in front of you. Reach your arm forward as you step and try to let your toes touch your hand.